The AquaSAL Aerator is a specialised vertical shaft, fixed bridge aerator, designed specifically for oxidation ditches. Thousands of units are in use worldwide. The AquaSAL is installed in 80% of Australia’s Carrousel® oxidation ditches.
The AquaSAL is a true turbine impellor aerator that produces high oxygen transfer as well as sufficient trench velocity to maintain suspension of solids throughout the ditch. It has a special gearbox arrangement, designed to provide strength and efficiency.
- Vertical Shaft Low Speed
- Fixed or Floating Mounting
- Impellor Speed: 30 - 120 rpm
- Transfer Efficiency: 2.2 - 2.5 kgO2/kWh in oxidation ditches
- Trench velocity 0.25 - 0.30 m/s
- Tip velocities under 7.5 m/s; avoids damaging the floc
- Used in Carrousel® type oxidation ditches
- 3 qty 132kW AquaSAL Aerators at Thorneside STP, QLD Australia
- 3 qty 132kW AquaSAL Aerators at Cleveland STP, QLD Australia
- 3 qty 110kW AquaSAL Aerators at Victoria Point STP, QLD Australia
- 2 qty 110kW AquaSAL Aerators at Te Rapa, Hamilton New Zealand
- 3 qty 90kW AquaSAL Aerators at Kingscliff STP, QLD Australia
- 2 qty 93kW AquaSAL Aerators at Raymond Terrace STP, NSW Australia