The AquaBlade Diffuser is the only entirely Australian membrane diffuser. It has been proudly developed by Aquatec Maxcon Pty. Ltd. The AquaBlade Diffuser is in the form of a long curved plate rather than a disc or cylinder typical of other membrane diffusers. This unique profile allows the diffuser to achieve greater floor coverage at lower system cost with superior oxygen transfer.
Aquatec Maxcon currently has over 40,000 AquaBlades installed and in service across Australia, New Zealand & China since 1998.
The AquaBlade consists of an elastomeric membrane with high elasticity and guarantees the fine slits close when airflow is stopped even after extended periods of operation. The membrane is also resistant to shrinkage and has a high resistance to tearing and has superior ageing characteristics.
The diffuser body is manufactured from an extruded aluminium plate with a curved profile for optimum strength. The body is anodised after manufacture to provide the corrosion resistance necessary for harsh environments.
The curved profile reduces the build up of biosolids on the diffuser body when the airflow is interrupted. This reduces bio fouling which can occur on flat diffusers.
The diffuser support block is used to mount the diffuser to either a 100mm or 150mm dia pipe. The design of the block incorporates a second back flow prevention mechanism to protect the integrity of system against the ingress of water.
Design Advantages include:
- Optimum oxygen transfer efficiency and a lower back pressure with a wide range of airflows. Turndown of 10:1 is achievable. It provides significant cost saving on electricity consumption compared with other similar product on the market.
- The specially formulated elastomeric membrane ensures good elastic qualities and long membrane life and high tear strength. Fouling resistance is demonstrably improved.
- The carefully researched slitting profile produces an even, fine bubble pattern over the entire area of the diffuser without bubble convergence.
- Fully factory assembled and individually tested.
- The quantity of AquaBlade Diffusers required is 1/5 to 1/3 of the quantity of conventional disc diffusers required.
- The pipework required for installation of AquaBlade Diffusers is 1/3 of that in a conventional installation.
- A high transfer rate of oxygen is produced through the optimised profile of the slits and the slitting pattern. When airflow to the diffuser is stopped, these slits tightly close to prevent backflow of mixed liquor.
- The diffuser membrane will not shrink even after years of operation. The special high quality elastomeric material also provides a high resistance to the formation of biofilms especially when compared to other reputable membrane manufacturers.
- Excellent flow versus back pressure characteristics allowing reduced power consumption.
- Typical airflows range from 3 Nm3/m.h to 18Nm3/m.h with a maximum of 30Nm 3/m.h for both fine and coarse pore membranes. (see Diffuser Pressure Loss Curve).
- Activated sludge systems.
- Intermittent aeration (Sequencing Batch Reactor SBR & Intermittent Decant Extended Aeration Lagoon IDEAL).
- Oxidation ditches.
- Aerobic sludge digestion.
- Most industrial biological treatment systems.
- Test tank facility at Ipswich, QLD to validate SOTR design at operational conditions
- On site oxygen transfer testing
- Ongoing service maintenance through Aquatec Services
Aquatec Maxcon has established and maintains a dedicated service department for scheduled maintainence and breakdown services.
Services Home Page